Protecting Your Intellectual Property With Personal Service
Thomas W. Galvani, P.C. is a law firm in Phoenix, Arizona serving the intellectual property needs of clients locally, nationally, and internationally
Leading Intellectual Property Attorney Phoenix, Arizona
Thomas W. Galvani, P.C. is a patent and trademark law firm in Phoenix, Arizona serving the intellectual property needs of its clients. We counsel independent inventors and growing companies on how to best protect their ideas, inventions, and brands.
Tom Galvani is a leading patent and trademark attorney in Phoenix, Arizona providing intellectual property law services to clients locally, nationally, and internationally. With his extensive knowledge, experience, and commitment to excellence, Tom Galvani provides comprehensive legal guidance and support to protect your intellectual property rights.
Tom conducts patent and trademark clearance searches, prepares and drafts patent and trademark applications, prosecutes those applications toward issuance at the US Patent and Trademark Office, and assists in maintaining patents and registered trademarks. Kami Galvani services only a few long-term clients, but is sometimes available on a select basis for legal guidance related to intellectual property or other needs.
For more information or to possibly engage us, please contact trademark and patent attorney Tom Galvani or attorney Kami Galvani at 602-281-6481.
Our Values and Our Process
We are a family-owned and run intellectual property-focused law firm. We strive to provide the best service possible with the most personal touches. We provide bespoke legal services related to patent law, trademark law, copyright law, internet law, and business law.
We have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience in patent and trademark law. Phoenix attorneys Tom and Kami Galvani stay up to date with the latest legal developments, ensuring that you receive the most accurate and effective legal advice. We understand that every client’s needs are unique. We will take the time to understand your specific business and its requirements and tailor our services accordingly, providing you with personalized attention and solutions that best suit your objectives. The firm strives to deliver predictability, efficiency, and a clear vision of what lies ahead.
We use up-front fees with a simple process in almost all areas of work:
What Our Clients Say About Us
About Our Patent Attorney Services in Phoenix
As attorneys based in Phoenix, Arizona serving clients located both inside and outside the state and US, we provide a variety of patent services to our clients, including:
- Patent Drafting Prosecution
- Patent drafting is at the heart of patent law. All patents start as patent applications, requiring careful consideration in writing. Phoenix patent attorney Tom Galvani specializes in working with clients to understand their inventions and turn their ideas into patent applications for obtaining both specific and broad protection. Tom understands that the journey from an idea or a prototype to a granted patent is riddled with complexities, governed by rules and regulations. During prosecution of a patent application, Tom uses that knowledge and experience to guide your patent application toward issuance as effectively as possible.
- If you are local to Phoenix and, in some cases outside of Phoenix, Tom can come to your business or shop to see the invention and meet your team. As an engineer fascinated by mechanical and industrial processes, Tom loves visiting machine shops, production facilities, and factories. Over the past 15 years, Tom has visited board rooms, drafting tables, countless machine shops, semiconductor plants, hospitals, food manufacturers, cosmetic factories, paint factories, automotive shops, dispensaries and grow rooms, many backyard and garage shops, assembly line warehouses, and even prison shops. Not only are those the places where the work is happening, but sometimes the way in which an invention is made can also be patented. Visiting in person helps Tom not only better understand the invention and the people behind it, but also allows him to discuss with you whether there are other processes that may be protectable.
- For corporate clients, Tom works working with engineering teams in evaluating new product lines for patentability and writing patents and patent portfolios to build both offensive and defensive protections against competitors.
- Patent Search and Analysis
- Before starting the patent application process, it is usually prudent to conduct a thorough patent search to reveal obstacles to patentability. Tom Galvani is your leader in this analysis. After discussing the invention with you, learning about the problem it seeks to solve, and understanding the components and feature of it, he will design a search intended to discover the prior art most relevant to patenting. Sometimes, this analysis will reveal that your invention is highly patentable. Other times, Tom may recommend that you redesign or develop multiple embodiments of the invention to improve the chance and scope of your coverage. Sometimes, Tom may suggest that you not file any patent application whatsoever. A patent search is not just a fee-generating step toward patenting, it is a crucial process for understanding the nature and risks of patent protection for your invention, and Tom will always provide you with his recommendation for the best use of your money.
- Patent Maintenance
- After your patent issues, Tom can assist in maintaining it. Utility patents require periodic maintenance to prevent their expiration. The firm can remind you of the filing deadlines for each of your patents and can handle all maintenance work. If you have missed a maintenance deadline, Tom can investigate whether you can submit a filing so that the Patent Office will accept the missed paperwork.
Why Choose Tom Galvani and His Team?
Choosing the right patent attorney is a decision that can significantly impact the future of your intellectual property. Patents cannot be refiled, and trademarks no longer have the short processing times that once made them slightly more disposable. Staring with the right advisor from the outset is important. Here are some reasons why Tom Galvani is the top choice among the patent attorneys in Phoenix; the 50+ five-star reviews above reflect clients who have made that choice.
Tom is based in Phoenix, Arizona, and most of his clients are still based here. Tom is available for meetings in his office on an appointment basis and can also visit your location if your in or around Phoenix. Tom has contacts with designers and prototype lets rs in Phoenix. If you need litigation services, Tom works hand-in-hand with several firms in town and can seamlessly transition you to their services. He understands the unique legal landscape and business environment of the Valley of the Sun. This local expertise is invaluable when navigating the intricacies of intellectual property and patent law.
A Midwesterner at heart, Tom believes in providing personalized, friendly, and honest attention to each client. Every intellectual property client is different, and every patent matter is unique. Tom doesn’t presume anything about your station or needs. He works to first listen and understand you, make sure that you are comfortable, then seeks to explain until you understand. Some clients need more help, some clients need less. Some clients want a high-level overview, while others want to get their hands dirty in the legal arguments and strategy. Whatever your wants and needs, Tom strives to educate and explain the work for you at the level of detail you want.
- Proven Success
- Patent attorney Tom Galvani has a proven track record of successful patent applications. As of October 2023, over 85% of the patent applications he drafted have proceeded to grant as issued patents. While statistics don’t paint the whole picture and are no prediction of future success, they do speak to the process Tom uses to guide clients to worthy patents. By searching inventions early, clients can make informed decisions about filing patent applications and Tom can draft better patent claims. Reviewing office actions with clients soon after issuance minimizes response times and maximizes options when a patent application is in the midst prosecution.
Clear, open, and honest communication is the bedrock of Tom’s practice. He ensures that you are always informed about the status of your case, providing you with peace of mind and confidence that your intellectual property is in capable hands.
High-quality legal services shouldn’t come with exorbitant fees. Consistent with his Kansas background, Tom offers competitive pricing for the everyperson. While patent prosecution is simply never cheap, Tom seeks to make it affordable. Your intellectual property is a valuable asset, and Tom ensures it is protected without breaking the bank.